MWI Corporation is currently seeking an experienced Manual Machinist to join their team in Vero Beach, FL. MWI is at the forefront of pump technology. Its custom designed pump systems are in use throughout the world.
Set up and operate conventional milling machines and lathes. Must be able to perform own setups, read and interpret drawings, machine a variety of heavy industrial parts, experienced working with close tolerances. Must have solid math and measuring skills. Candidates with pump and forklift experience preferred but not required. Any other duties as assigned by management or as develop due to business necessity and growth.
- Min. 3 yrs experience in set-up, operation and maintenance of lathes, mills, and drill presses
- Ability to operate machining equipment to raw material and or parts per drawings
- Assist in the maintenance of all machining equipment and tools
- Properly handle nonconforming products as required by procedure
- Proficient in the use of measuring tools such as micrometers (outside and inside), dial bore gages, calipers, etc.
- Ability to hold tight tolerances.
- Must have proficient measuring skills
- Practical math skills
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and machine parts accordingly
- Strong industrial safe work practices
- Strong organizational skills
- Heavy industrial experience
- Be hands on, assertive and self starter
- Ability to handle multiple projects under pressure in a fast pace environment in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures
General Skills Expected:
- Excellent work ethic.
- Must be detailed orientated
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities
- Ability to maintain and encourage an enthusiastic attitude, excellent initiative, and a strong work ethic for yourself, employees, coworkers, and all employees with whom you come in contact.
- Work with all departments involved to facilitate communication and problem resolution to meet deadlines as needed and required to accomplish corporate goals & objective.
Must be able to stand, sit, feel, twist, walk, talk, hear, see, drive, bend, drive, crouch, grasp, squeeze, crawl, kneel, squat, push, pull, apply pressure, reach overhead. Ability to focus for extended periods of time. Ability to lift and carry 40 lbs regularly if required, steady hands in order to obtain and meet required quality. Must be able to safely operate all required machinery. Ability to work outdoors subject to local weather conditions.
Traditional non air-conditioned heavy industrial manufacturing environment. Extended hours and weekend work may be required.
MWI is proud to offer a competitive benefits package to full times employees including but not limited to: Group health insurance, dental insurance, group life insurance, 401(k), credit union, voluntary benefits such as short-term disability, additional life insurance, accident, cancer and hospitalization policies as well as a flexible spending program which allows you to use pre-tax dollars to pay for health care and dependent care expenses. In additional we offer a generous vacation and holiday program.
MWI provides an atmosphere of growth, challenge & development for professionals committed to excellence. This position if located in Vero Beach, Fl. Complete professional and personal references will be required. EOE/DFWP/AAE.
Job Type: Full-time
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE.
ONLY SERIOUS AND QUALIFIED CANDIDATES NEED APPLY.
- Manual Machinist: 2 years