MWI Corporation is currently seeking an experienced Industrial Painter to join their team in Vero Beach, Fl . MWI is at the forefront of pump technology. Its custom designed pump systems are in use in over 50 countries throughout the world.
Responsible for performing painting of pumps, and pump related products.
- Minimum 3 years experience using high solid immiscible metal structures coating on large steel products such as pumps, bridges, water tanks or water piping.
- Strong industrial safe work practices,
- Heavy industrial painting experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast paced environment in order to meet production deadlines
- Practical math skills
- Ability to read standard blueprints
- Must be reliable
- Strong team player
Responsibilities and Authority:
- Paint components and pumps per specifications, drawings, or Work Orders.
- Ensure proper preparation of components and pumps for painting process.
- Adhere to all safety rules.
- Exhibit good working habits at all times.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure proper preparation and coating of product per specifications, drawings or work orders.
- Maintenance all department equipment in order to ensure all equipment is in proper and safe working condition.
- Ensure clean and safe storage of all equipment.
- Perform inspections of all coated product.
- Maintain all records and logs as required.
- Ensure time tracking information is properly entered.
- Adhere to all safety rules and good working habits.
- Attend all scheduled meetings.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable ISO Procedures and Work Instructions.
- Exhibit good working habits and professionalism at all times.
- And other related duties as assigned by management or as develop due to business necessity and growth.
Preference Given to:
- SSPC certification preferred but not required.
General Skills Expected:
- Strong organizational skills with excellent time management skills
- Work effectively in a team environment while independent and autonomous.
- Ability to maintain and encourage an enthusiastic attitude, excellent initiative, and a strong work ethic for yourself, employees, coworkers, and all employees with whom you come in contact.
- Work with all departments involved to facilitate communication and problem resolution to meet deadlines as needed and required to accomplish corporate goals & objectives
Must be able to pass fit test requirements , stand, sit, feel, walk, talk, hear, see, bend, lift, crouch, crawl, kneel, squat, push, pull, twist, climb, must be able to work in confined spaces. Must be able to work while wearing all required personal protective equipment. Ability to wear a respirator and or self contained breathing apparatus as outlined in the Industrial Standard for Respirators. Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 lbs. Position can be labor intensive.
Normal paint booth, blasting and manufacturing environment with consistent exposure to a non-air conditioned manufacturing plant and frequent outdoor exposure. Extended hours and weekend work is required.
MWI is proud to offer a competitive benefits package to full times employees including but not limited to: Group health insurance, dental insurance, group life insurance, 401(k), voluntary benefits such as short-term disability, additional life insurance, accident, cancer and hospitalization policies as well as a flexible spending program which allows you to use pre-tax dollars to pay for health care and dependent care expenses. In additional we offer a generous vacation, holiday and bonus program. Medical, Dental, 401(k), Group Life, Direct deposit, supplemental insurance, paid holiday and vacations.
MWI provides an atmosphere of growth, challenge & development for professionals committed to excellence. This position is located in Vero Beach, Florida. EOE/DFWP/AAE.
Job Type: Full-time
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE.
ONLY SERIOUS AND QUALIFIED CANDIDATES NEED APPLY.
- Industrial Painting: 3 years